Coda File System

Re: share

From: Ivan Popov <pin_at_math.chalmers.se>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 17:44:13 +0100 (MET)
On Wed, 20 Nov 2002, [windows-1252] Tomaž Ižanc wrote:

> how to create new share or just link directory on server with coda ?

Hello Toma[?] ,

sorry for not writing your name correctly but combination of my terminal
and mail client do not fully support windows-1252 encoding.

> or better where to put files on server :) ?
> when on coda client do ls see nothing . where on is this directory ? can
> i just share existing files and directorys on server? how?

You are not supposed to "export files from server", you export file space
and use it from clients.

A server host *may* be a client, too, but logically it is two totally
separate things.

> 20:47:24 Getting Root Volume information...
> 20:47:39 Venus starting...
> 20:47:39 /coda now mounted.
>
> # ls -la /coda/
> total 6
> drwxrwxrwx    2 root     nogroup      2048 Nov 19 20:47 .
> drwxr-xr-x   24 root     root         4096 Nov  7 18:02 ..

Now acquire tokens with clog and copy your files to under /coda

or even better create some volumes (*that* you have to do on the *server*)
and mountpoints for them (*that* is done on a *client*)
and put the data there, not onto the root volume.

Regards,
--
Ivan