Coda File System

Re: Adventures in db-land

From: Stephen J. Turnbull <stephen_at_xemacs.org>
Date: Wed, 04 Dec 2002 20:20:27 -0500

    sjt> I was able to recover what matters from the server, and after
    sjt> repeated cycles of volutil makev*db; volutil updatedb I'm
    sjt> running again.

    sjt> Moral: keep fresh backups of /vice/db/VRList and
    sjt> /vice/vol/BigVolumeList.

Also, "norton LOG DATA ${datasize}" is your friend, especially the
"list volumes" and "show volume" subcommand; they allow you to get the
volume group IDs synched to the (server's) volume IDs.