Coda File System

did I miss something?

From: Josie Imlay <jimlay_at_u.washington.edu>
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2002 23:25:29 -0800 (PST)
After reading the description of coda like a year and half ago I thought
it was pretty cool but after a few days of trying to get it to work I
eventually gave up. So I decided to try again yesterday and I finally got
it working... at least so it seems.

What's bothering me is that the files exist in coda land. It's not like a
way of accessing files from other peoples computers.

I figured this out affter reading the "Creating Volumes" howto about 15
times going "where do you tell it which directory to attacch to a coda
directory?"

As I now understand it that is just a flawed idea because you copy things
into coda and that is how they get shared. My point is that I am not alone
in this misconception.... all of my friends that I've talked to about
coda are under the same impression I was under 15 minutes ago. (no wonder
everyone fails to make it work)

:-) At the very least this is one interesting idea.

(there isn't someway that I could make it "publish" files from my
filesystem?)

Hasta,

Josie Imlay
<http://josie.atypedigital.com>