Coda File System

Re: Newbie Question - hoarding files

From: <paul.rogers_at_mowlem.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2003 16:35:32 +0000
Jan

Once again many thanks for your reply.  I\'m beginning to get the gist of what you\'re saying now.

How often does hoard need to be run?  Whenever new files are added?

If other clients update a file should hoard be run on all the clients to synchronize them?

>The filedata is cached in container files in /usr/coda/venus.cache/, while
>the metadata is stored in recoverable memory, /usr/coda/DATA.

I intend to hoard all the files on the clients(to provide redundancy for a set of web servers).
If this is done presumably the venus.cache directory will take up the most room on a disk.
It would therefore be best to use this as a mount point for a seperate drive.

Any thoughts?

Paul

This email and any attachments transmitted with it are confidential
and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom
notify the sender and do not store, copy or disclose the content
to any other person.

It is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure that opening this
message and/or any of its attachments will not adversely affect
its systems. No responsibility is accepted by the Company.