Coda File System

ERROR: rds_zap_heap RVM_EINTERNAL message.

From: Carl Baldwin <carl_at_ecbaldwin.net>
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2003 23:14:16 -0700
Hello,

I am brand new to coda.  Just started looking into it today.

I installed the binaries from the debian folder at
//www.coda.cs.cmu.edu/pub/coda/linux.  I ran vice-setup and everything
seemed to go well until right at the end when it gave this error:

###### Start output
Going to initialize data file to zero, could take awhile.
done.
?  ERROR: rds_zap_heap RVM_EINTERNAL.
Your coda server is not completely setup.  You will need
set it up by hand or fix the problems and rerun /usr/sbin/vice-setup.
###### End output

I have attached the full output of the vice-setup script just in case
it will help.  Most notably I did not create partitions for the log
file and the meta data.  I tried to use files (I thought
repartitioning my system to try this out was going a little
overboard).

I tried starting the server at this point just for kicks and
afterwards the log file contained the same error message and the
server died.

If anyone can help that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Carl Baldwin