Coda File System

Re: Problems with conflicts that don't exist

From: Ivan Popov <pin_at_math.chalmers.se>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 11:44:40 +0100 (MET)
Hello Jochen,

> $ find /coda/usr/coffee -type l -exec ls -l {} ;
>
> doesn't show any objects in conflict (strange enough, find /coda/usr
> doesn't recurse into coffee/...)

at least gnu find has some "optimization" that is based on assumptions
wrong for Coda (see find's docs if you are curious).

Use -noleaf option to turn it off.

> however, the two objects that were in conflict now cannot be accessed at
> all:
>
> ls -l .openoffice/1.0.1/user/temp/soffice.tmp/sv1o9.tmp/sv1oc.tmp
> ls: sv1oc.tmp: Permission denied

What does "ls -l .openoffice/1.0.1/user/temp/soffice.tmp/sv1o9.tmp"
(one level up) show?

> on the coda-server, this file doesn't exist at all btw

Hmm, you mean on another client that happens to be on the same host as the
server?

> Now my question:
>
> What can I do, so the coda-client either tells me what conflicts it sees

My usual dirty hack to check for conflicts is

ls -alR .... | grep @

then you may have left the conflict in "half-resolved" state so that it is
a directory and "find -type l" misses it.

> or reintegrates all other directories but the ones it doesn't like, so I
> could flush the client's cache without losing tons of other changes?

Regards,
--
Ivan