Coda File System

Server Replication Question

From: Craig Marchant <craigm_at_ace.com.au>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 16:06:01 +1100
Howdy All,

I've been doing some fairly intensive research over the last couple of
days.

I thought I would post this question to the mailing list as i'm not to
sure if what I want to do can be acomplished.

We currently have a single mail server, which handles all of the mail
for our ISP (around 1500 active users). Just recently we has a situation
where the mail server was down for a couple of days (a hacker made
himself at home in our server).

Can I setup server replication using coda to replicate the
/var/spool/mail directory across 2 different machines. With the view of
having a load balancing setup so that our users go to either server to
check and send their email? I'm pretty sure i've figured out how to get
high availability using the LVS, but i've been having some fun figuring
out how to sync the /var/spool/mail directories between the two
servers.

Is this possible?

If not, can anybody offer any ideas on another sync method.

Thanks and Regards,

Craig Marchant
Sys Admin
Ace Internet Services Pty Ltd