Coda File System

Re: CODA 5.3.20 compilation under FreeBSD 5 (stat structure problem)

From: Jan Harkes <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2003 15:10:18 -0500
On Wed, Mar 05, 2003 at 11:41:40AM -0500, Jan Harkes wrote:
> Yeah, sure. I'll try to come up with a more permanent solution.

How many people would get terribly annoyed if the Coda client and server
processes don't do their own logrotation and we simply reopen the
logfiles whenever we receive a SIGHUP like all normal daemon processes.
That way we can leave it up to an external process (like logrotate) to
safely rotate the logs and we can drop the use of scandir.

This leave only one place where scandir is used, which is some #ifdef
__BSD44__ specific code that cleans up the venus.cache directory.
Considering the fact that Linux, Solaris and Win95/NT have been working
fine without this makes me wonder whether we really need that.

Oh, and the cleanup code can trivially be rewritten to use normal
opendir/readdir/closedir because it isn't using the filter and sort
functionality of scandir.