Coda File System

Re: Coda deployment

From: Ivan Popov <pin_at_math.chalmers.se>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 17:23:20 +0200 (MEST)
Hello Dick,

> servers and in the future many clients. The 2 servers are on the 2
> locations, and the clients connect to one of them depending on where the
> client is situated.

the expected behaviour is that the clients contact the server that they
assume to be more responsive - based on their checks.
That is, the choice is dynamic, and depends not only on the net topology.
Should be fine in your case, anyway.

> "invalid offsetof from non-POD type `struct
> use pointer to member instead"
>
> Do these warnings indicate problems? If so, what can I do?

They should be harmless (and they are expected).

> The building of the kernelmodule couldn't be completed, because of an
> error in the Make Config. My kernel is 2.4.20, and the tools are 2.4.22.
> I keep on getting an error that my tools are too old. Obviously this is
> not the case. I copied the linux2.2 directory to linux2.4 and tried to
> edit the Configure script, to allow a 2.4 kernel and I got a little
> further.

I can suggest applying the kernel patch to the whole kernel tree, and then
rebuilding the kernel, with Coda either compiled in or as a module.
It works for me.

Other possible "kernel-related" files in the coda source tree, except the
patch, are irrelevant and should be ignored, imvho.

Best regards,
--
Ivan