Coda File System

Re: Another more technical question

From: Jan Harkes <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 10:56:16 -0400
On Thu, Jun 12, 2003 at 01:32:09PM +0200, Dick Kniep wrote:
> I have setup a server and a client, and it looks OK to me. However, if I
> try to logon with clog, it doesn't find the Auth2 or RPC2 servers. The
> exact message is:
>
> Failed to find codasrv or codaauth2 servers for coda01
> Invalid Login (RPC2_FAIL (F))

Message is not really right considering the realms code, we used to have
a codaauth2= venus.conf option that allowed a user to specify where his
auth2 daemons were running. The default is that they run on the same
machine as the coda servers, so the fallback venus.conf option was the
rootservers= line (i.e. the list of codaservers).

You might just have to run '/etc/init.d/auth2.init start' to get the
Coda auth2 daemon running on the server.

I'll fix up the message.

Hmm, looking at this.... since when doesn 'coda01.' resolve to anything
useful. That doesn't look like a fqdn (fully qualified domain name). You
must have an entry in the realms file or something.

Really if you have only one server, you can simply use the hostname of
the server as the name of the realm and there should be no need for an
entry in the realms file. If your server's hostname is not in DNS you
might need an entry in /etc/hosts.