Coda File System

Re: repair hangs

From: Jan Harkes <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 10:26:41 -0400
Oh, I forgot to CC the list when I replied earlier.

On Tue, Jun 24, 2003 at 11:07:43PM +0900, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:

>     Mark> However, I can not get any of the local modifications to be
>     Mark> reintegrated into the global tree.
>
> That sounds odd.
>
>     Mark> I am using the .debs from your website which gives me
>     Mark> Coda Venus, version 5.3.20
>
> I've found the more recent code (with realms in it) to be far more
> robust than the 5.3.20 release.  Even though I haven't upgraded to
> 6.0.x yet.  There have been a number of resolution-related fixes,
> which result in many fewer conflicts (in my so far limited
> experience).

Correct, reintegration to single replicas was causing spurious conflicts
that really were not necessary at all. The servers were just a bit too
conservative about directory version-vectors during reintegration.

Even if you still prefer to use the 5.3.20 clients (to avoid dealing with
the kernel patch that 6.0 clients need), upgrading to 6.0 servers is
definitely recommended.