Coda File System

Re: A small doubt?

From: Jan Harkes <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 11:37:24 -0400
On Mon, Jul 14, 2003 at 08:03:41PM +0530, Mahesh wrote:
> If we are running two servers with lets take 3GB each.
> Total size will become 6GB,how much space is used
> for replication?

Well, if you have 2 servers that each have 3GB of space, then if you
use no replication at all, the total space will be 6GB. On the other
extreme, when every volume is replicated across both servers the total
space will be 3GB.

If you have some doubly-replicated and some 'singly-replicated' volumes
the total space could be anything between 3GB and 6GB depending on the
size of the doubly replicated volumes.