Coda File System

Re: Heartbeat Failover

From: Tim Hasson <tim_at_aidasystems.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 13:28:34 -0700
forgot to note, on the non-scm, the RVM is not priv mapped. When I uncomment
mapprivate="1" and vice.sh stop then start and tail /vice/srv/SrvLog, I see
and error RVM_ENOT_MAPPED and codasrv obviously doesn't start. Weird, I
duplicated the same setup I done on the scm, except for the scm question in
vice-setup (answered no) and then ran rdsinit and used the same values to
create the 1GB RVM. Strangely, it took much, and i mean muuuch longer than the
scm to initialize it. Maybe it took like 5-10minutes on the SCM as opposed to
like leaving it for a few hours and coming back to continue the setup.
Maybe because I was using only 128mb physical ram when i created the rvm on
the non-scm as opposed to 256mb on the scm?
Any suggestions?