Coda File System

Re: Trouble clogging from a remote client

From: Stephen J. Turnbull <stephen_at_xemacs.org>
Date: Mon, 04 Aug 2003 18:49:46 +0900

    Jan> Could you send me an strace of the failing clog?

Not yet.  I rebooted (it's my roadwarrior) and haven't replicated.

I later saw a listing of /coda which contained only the (numerical) IP
realm but (d'oh) didn't realize it was the same problem (probably is,
isn't it?) and rebooted.  Can't replicate that, either.  :-(

I think the problem is a bogus configuration on my part, though.  The
client box in question has both an ethernet interface on eth0 with a
proper IP and a wireless interface on eth1 which is NAT'ed.  If I boot
with both interfaces enabled, I have to shut down the wireless
interface.  The wireless interface doesn't seem to work properly
alone, either.

Non-Coda apps like HTTP do work over the wireless interface, but I
guess that's sort of "by accident", since I'm sure the wireless
interface doesn't have any existence in the DNS, and my host thinks
that its name and address are those of the ethernet interface, even if
the ethernet interface is down.

I don't recall any problems if I shutdown the wireless interface as
soon as I boot.  I have tried rebooting a few times, but I've not seen
either the weird clog behavior or the numerical realm again.

Is it worth me trying to do a proper config of the wireless interface
to try get it working?

Of course if I observe the anomoly again I'll strace it, but since the
ethernet connection works fine, I have little incentive to really work
hard on the wireless at the moment.