Coda File System

Re: Problem with Courier-IMAP on Coda

From: Tim Hasson <tim_at_aidasystems.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2003 10:27:34 -0700
Hi,

Sorry for not cc'ing codalist_at_coda.cs.cmu.edu, and i didn't save it either,
hope Jan can Fwd the codalist.

I am not only having problems with the courier-imap component only, but also
the courier pop3 daemon. Mail users getting the error message "Sorry cannot
find the message it's gone".

I am having a problem repairing/removeinc'ing my Maildir/tmp after it went it
consistent. Coda 6.0.2 server, 5.3.20 client, FreeBSD 4.8. Replicated volume on
2 servers.
One thing is driving me crazy is that in the logs I cannot find the path to the
inconsistent directory so I have to manually dig for it. The log is like:
09:26:25 tmp (7f000007.16ff.29eb) inconsistent!

Anyway, in regards to the conflict, here is a sample:

coda1# ll
total 7
-rw-r--r--   1 vpopmail nobody         81 Jul 26 01:24 courierimapsubscribed
drwx------   2 vpopmail nobody       4096 Aug  7 02:31 cur
drwx------   2 vpopmail nobody       2048 Aug  7 02:30 new
lr--r--r--   1 root     4294967294       27 Aug  7 10:22 tmp ->
@7f000007.000016ff.000029eb
coda1# removeinc tmp
tmp is a directory - must be removed manually
coda1#
coda1# repair
repair >
[1]+  Stopped                 repair
coda1# ll tmp/*
tmp/coda1:
total 0

tmp/coda2:
total 0
coda1#
coda1# fg
repair

repair > compare /dev/null
The fix file may be empty but ....
You still need a dorepair because the Version state is different
repair > dorepair
Pathname of fixfile? [/dev/null]:
VIOC_REPAIR /coda/vpopmail/domains/aidasystems.com/alaa/Maildir/tmp: Resource
temporarily unavailable
Repair failed.
repair >
coda1# rm -rf tmp