Coda File System

Re: SMB / Coda / venus hangs Additional Informations

From: Ivan Popov <pin_at_math.chalmers.se>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 17:10:32 +0200 (MEST)
On 14 Aug 2003, Greg Troxel wrote:

>   Ahh, unauthenticated users are never allowed to reintegrate. So as long
>
> This seems broken.  Unauthenticated users should be able to
> reintegrate changes that were made while not authenticated, if the
> anonymous user can write to the volume.  Presumably the local-id and

Hello Greg,

there are other problems with anonymous access as well, and my point of
view is that there should be no tokenless access at all.
On order to create "anonymous" tokens but still know the server's
autenticity we'd have to add public key support, and I think it is the way
to go, as we discussed here some time.

Cheers,
--
Ivan