Coda File System

using coda for large servers

From: Ronald Hilterfuge <roaldhilterfuge_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2003 16:34:20 -0700 (PDT)
Hello,

I am investigating whether or not coda is suitable for my application. I have two questions about the workings of coda. I would like to read-write mirror a rather large filesystem (about 800 gb) over a WAN to 4 distinct nodes.  I have sufficient RAM to be able to create a RVM metadata partition which is still 4% of the total filessytem size.

1) How would coda perform over such a situation? Can coda handle large filesystems?

2)  Also how do the filesystem semantics work?  if someone attempts to open a file at location A, and someone else tries to open the same file at location B, how does the filesystem respond in this situation?

Thank you very much
Ron.