Coda File System

Re: Filesystem replication or expansion

From: Cyril Bouthors <cyril_at_bouthors.org>
Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2003 18:46:35 +0200
Ivan Popov writes:
> If your files are rather big, you might do it with Coda.
> Coda does not handle well
>  - lots of small files (because of rvm size limitation)
>  - really big files (as whole file caching can feel slow)
>  - concurrent updates (creating conflicts)
> but on the other side it is very good at hiding flaky lines and
> failing servers, does not waste bandwidth and can be really fast,
> depending on your usage pattern.

At this time, we have 64GB and 3.3M Inodes used on our ext3
filesystem.  We are hosting websites: mostly PHP scripts, images, few
videos.  I think the biggests files are around 100MB.

We don't need concurrent updates nor really big files.  What would be
the biggest partition I could share with Coda with this usage pattern?
--
Cyril Bouthors