Coda File System

Re: Injecting data into coda

From: Stephen J. Turnbull <stephen_at_xemacs.org>
Date: Fri, 05 Sep 2003 10:23:05 +0900

    Ian> It is like I have an unfinished jigsaw puzzle, with a vague
    Ian> description of the final scene but with no box!  You guys
    Ian> have the box with the picture on it.  I hope to join you
    Ian> soon, by then all will be clear to me.

I suggest skimming the technical papers in the documentation section
on the home page.  They look pretty fearsome; I didn't really
understand the problems they were trying to solve.  But knowing that
there are problems, and knowing that there are tradeoffs, somehow
helps in remembering how Coda is different from other file system
implementations, and in understanding why some things work well on
Coda and others don't.