Coda File System

Re: Committing suicide now ........

From: Quintana <quintana_at_coromputer.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 23:31:15 +0200
Jan Harkes wrote:

>On Wed, Sep 17, 2003 at 12:50:29AM +0200, Quintana wrote:
>

>>I've installed coda 6.0.2 and when i use clog with a client i have this
>>error on coda server. Could you help me please ?

>>00:43:56 ****** FILE SERVER INTERRUPTED BY SIGNAL 11 ******
>>

>Ehh, that's not very helpful. A signal 11 is a segfault (i.e. bad NULL
>pointer dereference) and it could be just about anywhere.
>
>The only way to find where the problem happens is when you can reproduce
>the problem. Then you can attaching gdb to the server when it is up and
>running and it will pause when the segfault is generated. At that point
>you can see in what line/function it happened and get the stack trace of
>how the code got there.
>
>Jan

I've got a coda who works now but my config is : Server Slackware with
coda 6.0.2 and tree gentoo with coda client 5.3.19 and 5.3.20.
When i established connection with coda client 6.0.2 Server make suicide
:-(. Does Venus 6.0.2 require a special configuration. I 've kernel
2.4.21 with coda patch for server and kernel 2.4.21 and 2.6.0-test5 for
client.
I make test with venus 6.02 and i send us gdb.

Regards,
Sylvain