Coda File System

codasrv password trouble

From: Lionix <lio_at_absium.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2003 18:00:51 +0200 (CEST)
Hi All...

I'm testing new coda stable packages 6.0.1 on a debian woody.
After some hours of "head-claching" will write some words here...

My kernel is 2.4.20, not patched as the set up is for the scm, the set up is
made from scratch and the installation goes fine, startup all services..
I noticed that udp port 2433 is not open.
I firstly thougt that it was due to the new releases, but i didn't see anything
like that in anouncement and changes... went to next steps...

Step of rootVolume creation work fine....VLDB rebuild....
Installed a 5.3.20 client to check everything runs good. I clog and work on the
volume....First step : set up a quota :o) , create a couple of directory and
files...the coda-fs seems working fine and nothing is wrong in my log.
Create a some users in pdb.
But when i tried to change my password or others :
- au failed with a :
Unable to resolve addresses for Coda auth2 servers in realm 'scm1'
RPC2_Bind() --> RPC2_FAIL (F)

- cpasswd get the same problem...
I now bet that's due to codasrv-se port...

Re installed everything and the symptoms were the same :
- codasrv-se udp port not open
- no way for changing user password

Followed the installation process on my old unbreakable PII-300 test machine
running with 5.3.20 coda packages and everything work fine.

Hade a look to the init scripts and they are exacltly the same on both package.

Gonna turn log debug on higher level to grab perhaps some more messages..
Today i will try the unstable package 6.0.2. on an other machine...
And... prepare the downgrades... :-P

Any comments, or ideas ?

Cordialy

Lionix