Coda File System

practical limitations for file size/number in Coda

From: Wade Stebbings <wade_at_webeclat.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 12:38:41 -0500
Hi all, again!

I am building a file server, now, and am considering my
options.  In reading the various Coda resources, manuals
and other web pages, I've seen reference to file size and
number of files (directory size) limitations.

One of the questions I have is what are the practical
limits for these, in the current implementation of Coda?

I run a Cyrus IMAP server and was hoping to move the
user data off to the file server.  As you may already know,
Cyrus keeps each message in a separate file, and thus
this can add up to a large number of files in a directory.

Thanks again!  I find this list and its archive very helpful.

wade