Coda File System

Re: venus not working, dont know why

From: Lionix <lio_at_absium.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 23:05:55 +0200 (CEST)

> Hi all,
> I've installed Coda 6.0.3 on a Linux Red Hat 7.3 box, with kernel
> 2.4.20-19.7smp. After a few difficulties during installation, it is
> finally installed.
> I got the "Get a new kernel!" message and I've installed the
> linux-coda
> patch, and it seems to be OK (although it makes me work hard to fix
> the
> "*** Unresolved symbol.." from depmod -a).
> Now I got no error, no messages, but I still got the "Get a new
> kernel!"
> when try to run venus...
> Any ideas?

depmod... symbols..
I guess your the module compilation is not correct or something like this....
This message appear when you using coda-client >= 6.0.0 and is weel-fixed by the
patch.

- Download kernel source directly from kernel.org... Perhaps some
kernel-redhat-release stuff around....

- Build coda directly in the kernel ..

I did not had to work around symbols...

- Undergrade coda-client to 5.6.20 but that should stay temporary solution i
think...

Cordialy

Lionix
FS-cluster Newbee Administrator