Coda File System

Re: newbie question

From: Ivan Popov <pin_at_cs.chalmers.se>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 10:09:30 -0500
Hello Lucas,

> Below, my configuration:

I see a couple of discrepancies that can mean that
you made a small typing error or that your setup uses short hostnames
(that would be wrong in general case) :

----------------------------------^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
----------------------------------^^^^^^^

> Client side:
> venus-setup server1.domain1.com 100000
----------------------------^
this one should not matter at all, though.

> # cfs mkm /coda/server1.domain.com/lucas lucas
> /coda/server1.domain.com: No such file or directory

Has your client's /etc/hosts or your dns server the record for
"server1.domain.com" ?

> # ll -a /coda/server1.domain.com
> lrw-r--r--    1 root     65534          34 nov 18 11:29
> /coda/server1.domain.com -> #@server1.domain.com [in red]

It means that the client cannot find the server(s) for that realm.
It uses dns or /etc/hosts or "realms" file in venus configuration.
Have you got (some of) them, pointing to the right place?
It would be sufficient to put

xx.xx.xx.xx server1.domain.com

(with corresponding address instead of "xx")
in your /etc/hosts

Hope it helps,
--
Ivan