Coda File System

Re: SCM cache overflow

From: Lionix <lio_at_absium.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 23:19:21 +0100

>It's not OK.

Perhaps it is...
If you did not change the rootvolume installation into duplicate one it
is still a non replicated volume..

>For exemple, if i copy file /root/test1 1,6MB on /coda/coda-master.intranet.lan
>with coda-master host (the SCM). I can see test1 on /coda/coda-master.intranet.lan
>with command ls on coda-slave. This file is never really present on coda-slave.

The file is rapidly flushed from venus on the scm on the rootvol on the
scm so no trafic...
Each venus show the new file...
You see it with ls on venus on the slave server so no trouble! :o)

>For exemple, i wait 2 hours after copy, copy this file test1 on coda-slave,
>i see coda-slave download file (with network monitoring) and never do it before.

Ftp transfer paquets ???
I assume that you mean using something like a sniffer by "network
monitoring"....
Are you caching all paquets ?

>But if a copy file /root/test on /coda-master.intranet.lan with coda-slave host
>it's ok, i see network monitoring activities and file is really present on
>coda-master host.

When you copy it on the slave... it's put on the cache .... everything
works....
You see the flush pacquets... :o)
File is uploaded on the SCM and each venus show the new file...
It works no ???!!!!

The last questions :
What does cfs whereis return ?
What would you like to do ?