Coda File System

Re: Disconnected HOME directories

From: Ivan Popov <pin_at_medic.chalmers.se>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 13:21:34 -0500
Hello Jason,

> | I did find pam_kcoda.so and downloaded and installed that tarball.  I
> | set it up according to the example in the README, but it doesn't seem to

hmm, which README do you mean?

Here is what my pam config files look like: (approximately)
auth       required     pam_nologin.so
auth       optional     pam_unix.so
auth        required   pam_krb5.so use_first_pass ccache=SAFE require_keytab
auth        optional   pam_kcoda.so clog /path/to/clog realm xyz.chalmers.se

account    required     pam_unix.so

session    required     pam_unix.so
session    optional     pam_lastlog.so
session    optional     pam_mail.so standard
session    required     pam_limits.so
session    optional     pam_krb5.so
session    optional     pam_kcoda.so nocunlog
session    optional   pam_tmpdir.so
session    required   pam_env.so

I consider it obsolete as imho there should be a more flexible framework
for Coda authentication than that - hope it will be - but this one works.

> The strangest thing happened this morning.  I came in to the office,
> started my laptop (connected), went to a virtual console, logged in as
> my user, and viola!  It worked!  It connected directly to my HOME
> directory via coda.  And yet it didn't work yesterday, and I'm pretty
> sure I had rebooted (but maybe I didn't?).  Did I need to restart PAM or
> something?

PAM cannot be restarted :) as it is just a library linked in by the
applications like login, xdm, sshd and so on. It does not keep more state
than any given corresponding application.

Anyway, it looks like forgotten tokens... suspended, not shut down laptop?

Hope it helps.

Best regards,
--
Ivan