Coda File System

Re: newbie questions re: coda media server

From: Mark Phalan <mphalan_at_o2.ie>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 15:25:12 +0100
I guess I was just thinking it would be a nice optimization for those
cases where clients are strongly connected and trying to access small
parts of huge files (bigger than cache). Its ability to operate in a
disconnected state is undoubtedly a great feature but not its only one
(scale, performance, etc). However I can understand how this would not
be trivial or even possible to implement without big architectural
changes - it would be nice in some situations though :)

 -M.