Coda File System

Re: newbie questions re: coda media server

From: Adam Manock <abmanock_at_comcast.net>
Date: 27 Jan 2004 17:00:04 -0500
On Tue, 2004-01-27 at 16:18, Jan Harkes wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 27, 2004 at 03:25:12PM +0100, Mark Phalan wrote:
> > I guess I was just thinking it would be a nice optimization for those
> > cases where clients are strongly connected and trying to access small
> > parts of huge files (bigger than cache). Its ability to operate in a
>
> If the clients are strongly connected, and people only want to access
> small parts of huge files, the obvious solution would be to use OpenAFS
> (or maybe Arla, if they are still active).
>
> Jan

That's perfect. So I can use OpenAFS for movies, and coda for mp3s.
That way my server won't be bogged down unless it's serving a movie.
An in-car xbox mp3 player and any laptops etc can play mp3s from their
local coda caches, my favorite tunes always available whether I'm
connected to the home network or not....

--
Adam Manock <abmanock_at_comcast.net>