Coda File System

Re: Debian coda-server package's shell scripts: invalid 'exec_prefix'

From: Jan Harkes <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2004 20:43:37 -0500
On Fri, Feb 27, 2004 at 02:50:24PM -0600, Jason A. Pattie wrote:
> I've noticed a problem with dpkg-buildpackage'd built Debian packages
> from Coda CVS.  It appears that the executables and scripts for
> coda-server are installed into /usr/sbin, but the exec_prefix contained
> within the shell scripts that are installed do not set exec_prefix (and
> in one case, prefix) to /usr in order for the correct path to the
> particular executable the script is attempting to run to be specified
> and work.

Actually, this is kind of funny because I noticed the same thing
yesterday. Something must have changed in the way that autoconf performs
the substitutions when it converts the '.in' files.

I committed a simple patch where I added the following to all files that
are using exec_prefix.

    prefix=@prefix@
    exec_prefix=@exec_prefix@