Coda File System

Coda-6.0.6

From: Jan Harkes <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 11:35:09 -0400
On Thu, Apr 29, 2004 at 05:15:44PM -0400, Olin Shivers wrote:
> Did this new release in fact happen? I haven't seen any announcements on the
> various mailing lists.

Ehh, yes. And I guess I hadn't sent out an announcement yet. Here it is..

New releases for Coda-6.0.6 & RPC2-1.22

What's new,

RPC2
    - Resolved some memory leaks. Nothing serious and it mostly affected
      servers that handle many clients that keep changing their local
      port numbers because a masquerading firewall is forgetting about
      the connection.
      This added up to a couple of MB over the period of several weeks
      on the testserver, but also resulted in poor performance when new
      connections are established. Basically a list of known hosts was
      growing unbounded.

Coda
    - Fixes for the setup scripts.
    - Free dead connections in the auth2 daemon
    - We sometimes failed to link the object involved in a reintegration
      conflict in the wrong place (child of random file/directory)
      reintegration failed. So we knew there was a conflict, but had no
      way to actually find it.
    - Make sure that we don't confuse conflict related CML entries with
      temporary repair related ones. This caused some repairs to fail.
    - Avoid venus crash when a file is opened O_CREAT|O_RDONLY.
    - Allow volumes to contain up to 512K files (previous limit was 256K).

I already put the tarballs, RedHat-SRPMs and Debian binaries on
ftp.coda, I have also built RH9.0 binary packages and move them to
the ftp site later this afternoon.