Coda File System

Re: Write-Disconnected Volume (was: Cache Overflow)

From: Ivan Popov <pin_at_medic.chalmers.se>
Date: Sat, 1 May 2004 21:25:24 +0200
Hello Johannes,

> Is there any chance Coda will ever (or soon?) have some kind of 'huge
> file' mode where it would decide to not cache a file when its size is
> above a certain limit but serve parts of it on request?

as far as I can see, the answer is a definite "no".

Full file caching is a fundamental design choice. The unique properties
of Coda are due to that design. Use another file system if huge files
are important - but then forget disconnected operation and optimistic
replication.

> > >   There are 320 CML entries pending for reintegration
> > > but cfs writereconnect doesn't seem to work, maybe because of
> > >   16:36:50 volume coda:home:jmartin has unrepaired local subtree(s), skip checkpointing CML!
> > >
> > > I can't see any unrepaired subtrees, is there a way to find them?

Coda upgrade can help. Test with 6.0.6.

Regards,
--
Ivan