Coda File System

Re: venus errors, problems connecting to server / reintegrating changes after disconnect

Date: Mon, 03 May 2004 01:13:54 +0200
On Friday 30 April 2004 19:35, Jan Harkes wrote:
> In any case, I don't know why it isn't (yet) reintegrating. There are
> some tests that check if the owner of the CML has valid tokens.
> Sometimes a setuid application actually writes to files with a different
> uid than you'd expect so you would need to get tokens for f.i. root or
> some other local user.

I'm pretty sure that no setuid (or other) application is writing to a file
located on the codashare. (lsof did not show up anything there.) I also
checked, that the client is properly authenticated, and chowned all files in
the share (on server and client) to the same uid, the one I logged in with.
Coda writes ENOTCON to syslog, when starting coda-client. Still,
WriteDisconnected, though. cfs cs reports all servers being up,

I noticed one oddity, dmesg says:
Coda Kernel/Venus communications, v5.3.18, coda_at_cs.cmu.edu
Shouldn't that be 6.x? I couldn't find anything noting a newer version number
in the patch, so this information might not be valid. (Im using a 2.4.26
vanilla with patches for swsusp, bootsplash, supermount (not used for coda)
and the linux-2.4-coda.patch from the coda-6.0.5 source package. coda-client
is 6.0.6.

I'll keep you informed, once I know more about the problem.
--
sebas