Coda File System

Re: CODA on Fedora Core 1

From: Nuno Tavares <nunotavares_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 05 Jun 2004 06:11:22 +0100
Thanks to all who responded. I managed to compile the module.

But I am still unable to install CODA. It seems like some step is
missing, I've tried the whole build process 6 times, and since I don't
know how to unroll a mistake (if there is any) I just wipe out everything,
services *.init stop, rmmod coda.o and start all over again.. and again.

I'm getting tired. I followed the instructions at manual.ps and
coda-howto.ps and there is always an error. Is it me?

>From what I've understood, I need to:
server1:
	* setup the SCM and services auth2, update, codasrv.
	* setup local client (venus)
	* Create root volume (root.coda)
	* Create another volume (area.coda)
	* I think I got this... except that /coda was being mounted r/o.. and
	  in other occasion I couldn't even clog.
server2:
	* setup the second server
	* setup local client
	* Then I give up because nothing is happening, or is broken somewhere.

Without entering detailed explanations, can you briefly enumerate all the
steps to get 2 servers with a replicated filesystem, and these 2 servers
having a directory to which I can write to and see the changes propagated
to the peer's filesystem?

Thanks for your time.
--
Nuno Tavares