Coda File System

wikipedia looking for coda expert

From: Gabriel Wicke <groups_at_gabrielwicke.de>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2004 16:54:05 +0200
Hello,

i'm one of the volunteer admins of wikipedia.org and have been following
this list for a while. We're currently using nfs with all it's problems
(spof, freezes all machines if nfs server dies etc) and would like to
replace it with something better. Some information on our setup is at
http://meta.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_servers).
I've done some limited testing at home but didn't manage to get it really
working.
We're considering AFS and Coda currently, the first step would be to set
up a test system. To get the ball rolling, it would be really great if
somebody could help us to get started. We're running 2.6 kernels, so it
should be mainly a matter of setting up the userspace things. We're at
#mediawiki on irc.freenode.net. As an exchange, i offer to set up a
documentation wiki for coda ;-)

Thanks a lot
--
Gabriel Wicke