Coda File System

Re: Initial install permissions are bad

From: Jan Harkes <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 12:42:47 -0400
On Fri, Jul 09, 2004 at 07:13:56AM -0400, dbakker_at_arrayasolutions.com wrote:
> I just installed coda 6.0.6. Followed the directions and created a new
> volume. I cannot make any new mounts as  I get a permissions denied. If I
> do a cfs la /coda it only shows that the System:AnyUser group had rl
> access. There are no other groups listed. How do I add
> System:Administrators to this so I can start creating mount points? I clog
> in as codaadmin which is part of the System:Administrators group (-1). Any
> ideas?

/coda is a magic directory that doesn't really exist. It will be
automatically filled by the mountpoint of the various Coda realms that
are accessed, which is why nobody has write permission there.

If you do 'ls /coda/testserver.coda.cs.cmu.edu', and your client is able
to reach our testserver (no firewalls and such) then a directory entry
will be automatically created.