Coda File System

Re: coda endian problems??

From: Jan Harkes <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 13:30:11 -0400
On Wed, Jul 14, 2004 at 05:36:49PM -0500, Troy Benjegerdes wrote:
> My remaining problem seems to be that when I'm at home, I can access
> both my x86 and ppc servers, but at work, I keep getting
>
> troy_at_lyta:/coda/hozed.org/maxine.music$ cfs cs
> Contacting servers .....
> These servers still down:   kalmia.hozed.org
>
> but the srvLog on kalmia sees a connect:
> client_GetVenusID: got new host XX.XX.XX.XX:32781
>
> How do I start debugging this?

Is there a firewall blocking reply packets coming back from kalmia?
The client only considers the server up when the callback connection is
established. The server clearly got the connection request from the
client, but the client probably isn't seeing anything coming back.

    tcpdump port 2432

There should be UDP packets going back and forth between the two
machines. 2432 would be the port on which the Coda server on kalmia is
listening.