Coda File System

Re: fsobj::dir_Creat: Create failed, and resolve problems

From: Jan Harkes <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 22:21:17 -0400
On Fri, Jul 16, 2004 at 03:29:53PM -0500, Troy Benjegerdes wrote:
> On my linux-kernel torture test.. there seem to be some issues when the
> quota fills up.. (but it is resolving a bunch of stuff)
>
> 15:24:33 RS_ForceFile: Error 122 in AdjustDiskUsage

EDQUOT, quota exceeded. Interesting, both replicas are not in sync, some
files probably exist on one, other files on the other replica. Both
replicas are probably under quota, but we can't synchronize them because
the union of the two would exceed our current quota.

> What happens if I just 'rm -rf' the kernel tree? Will there be orphans
> that get left over? Or will it (in theory) all get cleaned up?

In theory, yes. But it you might have to run rm a couple of times, as
files are removed we end up below the quota limit, which allows us to
resolve some of the differences.

It might to more reliable to first remove all the files with
'find . -type f | xargs rm' and only remove the directories once the
files are gone.