Coda File System

Unresolvable Conflicts

From: Martin Emrich <emme_at_emmes-world.de>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 14:12:08 -0400
Hi!

I have 2 Problems on my notebook:

a)
I have a conflicting subdirectory ("DEBIAN") which should not conflict,
because it never existed on the server or any client except my notebook. So,
if I try to repair the conflict, repair says

repair > beginrepair DEBIAN
Too few directory entries
Could not allocate replica list
beginrepair failed.
repair > quit
martin_at_gwaihir:/coda/darkzone/packaging/baghira/baghira-engine-0.4b/debian/baghira-engine$
ls
DEBIAN  usr

with "DEBIAN" being a directory containing the local directory and a dead
symlink to the global copy, which never existed. Another repair on this
fails.
Unless I resolve this, this volume won't be reintegrated (I already have
accumulated 957 CMLs ;-)

b)
On another volume, I had this strage behaviour today:

martin_at_gwaihir:/coda/darkzone/organizer$ ls -l
insgesamt 4
drwxr-xr-x    2 martin   nogroup      2048 2004-06-09 07:55 adressen
drwxr-xr-x    2 martin   nogroup      2048 2004-07-01 19:52 kalender

(German for "Connection timed out"). I already restarted the server components
and the client, nothing happens. This volume stays disconnected, too.

What can I do (except backing up everything from another client, removing the
two volumes and making new ones) ?

Ciao

Martin