Coda File System

Re: Unresolvable Conflicts

From: Troy Benjegerdes <hozer_at_hozed.org>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 18:58:58 -0500
On Wed, Jul 21, 2004 at 03:06:18PM -0400, Jan Harkes wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 21, 2004 at 02:12:08PM -0400, Martin Emrich wrote:
> > I have 2 Problems on my notebook:
> >
> > a)
> > I have a conflicting subdirectory ("DEBIAN") which should not conflict,
> > because it never existed on the server or any client except my notebook. So,
> > if I try to repair the conflict, repair says
> >
> > repair > beginrepair DEBIAN
> > Too few directory entries
> > Could not allocate replica list
> > beginrepair failed.
> > repair > quit
> > martin_at_gwaihir:/coda/darkzone/packaging/baghira/baghira-engine-0.4b/debian/baghira-engine$
> > ls
> > DEBIAN  usr

[snip]

> cd out of the parent directory, then do a cfs er baghira-engine to
> collapse the tree and hopefully flush the cached data from the kernel.
> Then 'ls -l' and hopefully the parent will show up as a conflict. But
> removals are an area where repair is probably pretty weak in general.

I set up an account with $HOME in coda, and I opened up a message in
mutt which was gpg-signed, and mutt invoked gpg.. which wound up
creating a .gpg directory and I have the same situation with
.gpg/gpg.conf.

I've tried several combinations of 'cfs fl' and 'cfs br', etc, but
nothing seems to work..

hozer_at_lyta:~/.gnupg$ cfs br gpg.conf
hozer_at_lyta:~/.gnupg$ ls -l
total 2
dr--r--r--    2 root     nogroup      2048 Jul 21 16:14 gpg.conf
-rw-------    1 hozer    nogroup         0 Jul 21 16:13 pubring.gpg
hozer_at_lyta:~/.gnupg$ removeinc gpg.conf
gpg.conf is a directory - must be removed manually
hozer_at_lyta:~/.gnupg$ removeinc gpg.conf/
global  local
hozer_at_lyta:~/.gnupg$ removeinc gpg.conf/global
Error 22 for repair
hozer_at_lyta:~/.gnupg$
hozer_at_lyta:~/.gnupg$ cfs er gpg.conf/

I'd like to just remove the whole .gnupg tree, conflicts and all.. how
do I do that?