Coda File System

Re: 64-bit issues

From: Michael Tautschnig <michael.tautschnig_at_zt-consulting.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2004 15:42:10 +0200 (CEST)
>   Is there anything I could do to make coda work on sparc64 (32-bit mode
>   would be acceptable for now...)?
>
> Someday I will get around to trying to run a coda NetBSD/sparc
> userland (venus, probably not codasrv) on NetBSD/sparc64.
> [NetBSD/sparc is for 32 bit sparc systems, eg. SparcStation
> 1/2/5/10/20/IPX/IPC/Classic, and NetBSD/sparc64 for UltraSparcs eg
> U1/2/5 etc.]
>
> Coda (venus at least) does work on NetBSD/sparc.
> But if Debian on sparc64 cannot run Debian sparc binaries, that won't
> work.
Well, I _can_ run Debian-sparc binaries:
root_at_mars:~# file /usr/sbin/venus
/usr/sbin/venus: ELF 32-bit MSB executable, SPARC, version 1 (SYSV), for
GNU/Linux 2.2.0, dynamically linked (uses shared libs), stripped

but they produce the messages I quoted in my former post... Maybe I'm
doing something wrong while trying to get 32-bit binaries (which steps are
needed???)!?

Any help is appreciated!

Regards,
Michael