Coda File System

Re: Six months of Coda - experiences & goodbye

From: Ivan Popov <pin_at_medic.chalmers.se>
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2004 09:52:56 +0200
On Mon, Sep 06, 2004 at 10:32:45AM +0200, Ivan Popov wrote:

> I am aware of "brain-damaged" programs like tcsh or icewm (I like icewm
> otherwise) - they insist on reading files in fixed places under your homedir
> and cannot be convinced to read them from anywhere else, unless you hack

I have been corrected in private mail that it was a wrong complain.

To be fair to icewm, icewm _has_ a hook for possible several "user-owned"
setups, since 2002. ($ICEWM_PRIVCFG)

It has though another and similar limitation, the impossibility to offer
several different pre-customized setups. That's why I remembered it as being
"not right", but that was NOT relevant in the context. Sorry.

Icewm is OK for having on a global home directory, and what you might
think, I am running it myself, on a Coda homedir, for years :)

--
Ivan