Coda File System

unsuccessful WinXP client installation

From: Eric R. Mills <emills_at_wackyworld.tv>
Date: Tue, 02 Nov 2004 16:01:47 -0500
Good afternoon:

We are running into a problem with an installation of Coda Client on a windows XP machine.  the installation progresses until it reaches 85% completion and then a window pops up stating:

"The installation was unsuccessful.  Please retry the installation.  If this problem persists please report this problem to codalist_at_coda.cs.cmu.edu"

That is the extent of the message. It does not give any specific error, but the installation aborts when you click OK.
(the file that it says it is copying when the installation halts is C:\cygwin\home\coda\uninstall.sh)

We have retried the installation several times to no avail.

The documentation and FAQ's have been searched with no success.  Any help would be appreciated.

System specs (if they are a factor):

Windows XP Pro (SP1)
40 GB HDD
512 MB RAM