Coda File System

Re: rvm size...

From: Ivan Popov <pin_at_medic.chalmers.se>
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2004 16:04:59 +0100
On Wed, Nov 03, 2004 at 03:38:12PM +0100, �li�s Tam�s wrote:
> >>   mp3 files        ~75MB RVM per GB.
> >>   jpeg images     ~608MB RVM per GB.
> >>   email folders ~23024MB RVM per GB.
> >>   freebsd-src   ~31853MB RVM per GB.
>
> IP> Where did you get these numbers from?
> vice-setup

Oh, I haven't looked at the official scripts for a while, using
the homegrown ones instead. Did not know it tells as much.

You can check the approximate rvm usage for your files with rvmsizer.

Of course, you can not have more than 1GB rvm yet. So if the numbers above
were right, you could never put more than 30 MB freebsd sources on
a Coda server.
It seems odd (corresponds to about 30 bytes average file length?).
I suppose there is an error somewhere in the calculations.

Regards,
--
Ivan