Coda File System

Re: Volumes remain in volumelist

From: Michael Tautschnig <michael.tautschnig_at_zt-consulting.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2004 22:50:29 +0100 (CET)
> On Mon, Nov 08, 2004 at 10:38:10PM +0100, Michael Tautschnig wrote:
>>> If 'volutil getvolumelist' lists a volume, then the volume exists and
>>> should be purgeable with 'volutil purge <volumeid> <replicaname>'.
>>>
>>> Both the volumeid and the replicaname do have to match. And the replica
>>> name is not the same as the replicated volume name, but has a '.0', or
>>> '.1' appended.
>>>
>> Ok, I will try - but what is the volumeid (i.e., where can I find it?)
>
>    # volutil getvolumelist
>    W<volumename> I<volumeid> H1 ...

Thanks - and that does the trick. Some debugging shows:

volumes=`echo "$volumelist" | awk '$8 ~/^W'$REP'$/ { print $2 }'`

in purgevol_rep returns an emptyp "$volumes" - although that command is
called. Could you check the commands before that line? Actually $REP
contains the volume-id (not the name!)- is that correct???

Thanks,
Michael