Coda File System

Re: install buglet

From: Greg Troxel <gdt_at_ir.bbn.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 20:20:21 -0500
Good points.  My real objections were that this was a pain in
packaging (installed in both client and sever), and it was called
except on Debian, when the logic should be with the patching, and it
should run only on known broken systems.

  Apparently you agree we need the script for those odd cases.

It was a sop to people with old/broken systems.   I think this can
just go, since standard entries /etc/services are mostly a nicety.
But....

My real concern is that there should be some set of install targets
(values foo for which you can run 'make foo'), that files
installed should be mutually exclusive and jointly exhaustive, and
that it be clear which sets are required for what functionality.
It seems there are some files required on both client and server.  So
ways out are to duplicate them, with different names, or to add a
install-common target, which will be required by install-client and
install-server.  Actually we could have install-client do
install-common and install-client-only; I don't care what they are
called.