Coda File System

Build concerns

From: M. Anthony Aiello <aiello_at_cs.virginia.edu>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2005 16:17:39 -0500
Building the most current userland coda tarballs on the mac, I had to
make the following changes:

1) in coda-src/vol/vldb.h:
	Add 	"#define uint32_t unsigned long" to the top of the file.

2) in coda-src/venus/worker.cc:
	Add 	"#define __NetBSD__"
		"#include "pioctl.h"
	to the top of the file.

The first change I understand, and seems fairly reasonable: apparently,
gcc-3.3 doesn't have a notion of uint32_t as being a built-in type when
compiling these sorts of files (.cc) although vim seems to think it
should (vim highlights it in green).

The second change, however, was a guess: I have no idea if the NetBSD
values for those constants are meaningful/reasonable for the Mac; I
actually have no idea what those constants are controlling (and didn't
bother to look too closely).

Following the instructions on the OpenDarwin coda port page, I was able
to connect to and get directory listings from the cmu public test
server, so my change in 2) appears to have worked....

Tony