Coda File System

old documentation

From: Gabriel B. <gabriel.barros_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2005 17:10:14 -0300
Hi,

I'm setting up CODA today, and the documentation is very confusing in
some points.

the vice-setup never showed me those options
  Enter the name of the rootvolume (< 32 chars) :
  Enter the name of your root volume (e.g. coda.root)

then, the documentation tells me to do
  #createvol_rep your-root-volume E0000100 /vicepa

but i have no idea what's my root volume suposed to be

Also, the codasrv start script produces nothing in the logs...

i'm using the official debian packages. and the codasrv doesn't happen
to have a --version option

I'd apreciate any hints, mainly a more straith forward and up to date how-to

Thanks,
Gabriel