Coda File System

Re: Client on WinXP

From: mkondrin <mkondrin_at_hppi.troitsk.ru>
Date: Fri, 04 Mar 2005 17:56:29 +0300
Friendly Ghost wrote:

> Does anybody have success on running CODA client on WinXP (Preferably
> non-cygwin version)?

I am not running Coda on Windows. I have considered this but without
success. First of all non-cygwin version is impossible (because Coda is
strictly POSIX, so in any case you need a POSIX wrapper around a
non-POSIX Win-API). Second, even publicly available a7.exe client does
not work with new versions of Cygwin (it looks like Cygwin has changed
some hardcoded parameters, so a7 is broken now, I did not managed to
launch it). Publishing of new version of windows coda-client  is stucked
into some controversion about third-party libraries, so when new version
will be available is unknown.
This is information I have gathered while reading archives of this
mail-list.
I may be wrong.
Good luck.