Coda File System

Re: Another alpha Coda client for Windows XP.

From: mkondrin <mkondrin_at_hppi.troitsk.ru>
Date: Wed, 09 Mar 2005 16:37:11 +0300
Phil, thank you very much. A10 client is already up and running on WinXP
sp1 with cygwin 1.5.12.
I also want to ask you one advice. I have already had coda-server
(6.0.7) running on Linux with users authenticating on MIT-Kerberos
(1.4). Although a10 client is based on code for Coda-6.0.6, the kerberos
authentication is disabled in it. Is it possible to recompile source
code for coda-6.0.6 with cygwin gcc and kerberos support enabled
(providing I will manage to install Kerberos-for-windows headers and
libraries)? I think I don't need to rebuild hard core (cygwin1.dll) -
only coda user space libraries and utilities.  Or am I wrong and adding
another authentication mechanism would require cygwin1 rebuilding?
Thank you once more.