Coda File System

Re: coda+Windows+Kerberos - success story

From: Jan Harkes <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 18:16:46 -0500
On Wed, Mar 16, 2005 at 09:28:59PM +0300, M.Kondrin wrote:
> So I start playing with heimdal kerberos. It is compiled under cygwin
> wery well (in contrast to MIT - which is not), but there are problems
> linking coda source with it. First of all configure script consider
> heimdal libraries as not working (although I have set path to them), so

It would be interesting to know why configure isn't picking them up.
Your modified auth2 makefile seems to show that there is no k5crypto,
but separate libroken, libasn1 and libdes libraries that need to be
linked. Also the configure test for libkrb5 seems to assume that
k5crypto and com_err already exist even though we haven't tested for
those yet.

I wonder if switching the order of the tests around and including tests
for -ldes, -lasn1 and -lroken will get us over this hurdle. I just need
to know what symbols to look for in those libraries.

btw. are you sure we need all those libraries? mit-krb5 seems to provide
libdes425 but we don't seem to need it there, while the heimdal-dev
package on debian don't seem to be pulling it in at all. Check if it
still builds when you remove that one from the LIBCRYPTO line. Also the
link order seems to be off, asn1 definitely should be before com_err.

I seem to have it sort of working, including defining 'HAVE_HEIMDAL' if
we seem to have the heimdal libraries installed.

> (although API itself looks almost the same), so I make a little patch to
> fix these problems in krb5.c file. As a result I've got a working clog
> (this is the only kerberos-enabled executable which I need).

Your patch seems to be reversed, and it isn't clear if it is actually
complete since it doesn't include any context (diff -u tends to be is
nicer to work with). I'll try to figure out what you did, but I might
not be able to get everything right in one shot.